SAAM members and bone fide researchers can access the archival & reference collections.
Phone: (08) 82401230 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
to arrange a visit.
For information on SAAM membership, click here
The library's collection contains:
Aviation books: approximately 3,500
- Aviation magazines: approximately 63 publications (including Aircraft 1922–2004, The Aeroplane 1936–1964)
- Memorabilia: eight four-drawer filing cabinets of civil and military aviation
- Technical handbooks: approximately 1,000 on subjects such as air frames, engines, operations manuals, etc.
- DVDs and VHS Tapes: approximately 700 in total
- A photographic collection (civil and military): transparencies, prints, negatives and digital photographs (extensive) – approximately 30,000
- Oral history interviews: tapes and CDs
- Aviation newspaper clippings: 1946–1975 and from 2005 to date
- Aviators' Log Books: a collection of 30
- David Freeman (Aviation Historian)
- Collection: photographs (15,000), negatives, transparencies and memorabilia
- Raymond Deane OAM: aviation newspaper collection 1929–1938
- Roy Gropler Collection: memorabilia, photographs and pilot log book
- Erich Sommer Collection (ex-Luftwaffe): memorabilia and correspondence
- Royal Aero Club of South Australia: Minute Books 1926–1980
- Ansett Transport Industries Ltd Annual Reports: 1958–1979.
The library is prepared to accept aviation books, magazines, memorabilia and log books, so please contact the librarian if you require further details.